Tuesday 14 April 2015

Post #3 - First Training Walk

We got out for our first training walk last Saturday.  We did an 11 km loop, stopped for lunch at home, then did another 9 km loop.  It was a beautiful sunny day, but very windy - maybe good practice for Scotland!
My legs were starting to complain the last couple of kilometres, but Ben had no issues.  I feel like I could have gone out for some more kilometres after an hour or so rest.  Hopefully we will be able to work our distances up over the next couple of months in time for our departure (for my sake!).
We learned a couple of things on this walk with respect to gear and clothing that will help us in choosing the right things to bring on our trip.


Training Walk #1
We have also continued our other preparations over the last few weeks.  Our B&Bs are all booked, as well as a couple of campsites we decided to stay at.  Earlier today I got our train tickets booked for the start and end of the trail. I am growing more and more excited as the weeks go by!

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment